I have become aware that my recent negativity is destructive (to myself and those around me) and that being optimistic and positive is a choice I can make but awareness is only the first stage to making a life change. Action (and effort) is needed to make changes happen.
What’s my focus?
- I want to be optimistic and positive inside and out.
- I want to break my negative thought patterns
- I want to generate positive energy outward to others
- Be mindful of my negative thought patterns
– Think about whether they are true, do I really believe the thoughts
– Consider why I am having these thoughts now, am I tired, hungry, anxious?
– Turn thought into a positive (if possible) or try seeing it from a different view point
- Be kind to myself
- Develop coping strategy to deal with my reaction to other people’s stress
- Journal more about how I am feeling
- Set my positive intentions each day – intention sets direction, actively choose positivity
- Connect more with others
– Make eye contact with people
– Express gratitude more
– Compliment people
– Smile at people
- Do nice things for others
- Write positive and uplifting blog posts
- Don’t beat myself up if I do get low. Trying to be positive all the time could be just as destructive as being stuck in a negative cycle all the time. Allow myself to feel what I am feeling, but don’t let it become destructive again- aim for optimism: tell myself that things can and will get better if I take positive action.